These maxims light my path and sustain me:
- Stop to smell the flowers. If, while traveling, I see a sign for a local attraction which interests me, I stop.
- Don’t worry about what other people think of you. You already know what you think of them.
- Always do your best. No one can expect more of you if you give your all to a project.
- Be a friend. “The man that has friends must show himself to be a friend.” Proverbs 18:24 Be hospitable.
- Admit your failures and try to do better. Apologies go a long way.
- Trust in God. His promises are true. He is ever present. He is our lifeline to peace. His precepts are the highest moral standards. He brings hope to any situation.
- Love everyone. Everyone may not be your friend, but you can still love them. Remember – God is no respecter of persons. He loves everyone.
- Family is your God-given circle. Treat them as such (unless there is abuse involved).
- Use the good china. Your house is not a museum. Enjoy what you have.
- Remember – chocolate is a vegetable and can cure all ills. At least, it makes you feel better!